Salsa Course Terms and Conditions
If it’s your first time at Salsa-tropical School we will help you choose the right dance course for you. We can arrange a personal evaluation time with one of our instructors to see what is the best course level for you. Evaluations can only be done every Monday between 6.30pm and 7 pm on the first or last week of a course when we have a teacher available to assist you.
- If you are already a Salsa-tropical student you will need to ask your teacher before moving up into a new level..
- Rotating partners during the courses is a part of the learning experience and is compulsory. We do not allow a couple to stick together for the whole class, as we believe that the social aspect of latin partner dancing is fundamental.
Health & Safety / Liability Waiver
By attending class, you are certifying that you are in good health and have consulted a doctor before beginning this or any other exercise program. Any person who participates in activities or services provided by Salsa-tropical School shall do so at his or her own risk.
- Should any problems occur during the course, participants must immediately stop and inform the instructors immediately. Salsa-tropical Company accepts no responsibility for injuries etc. sustained during the course.
- Students are responsible for their own personal hygiene, please be considerate to other students who have to dance in close proximity to you.
- No food or sugary drinks to be brought into the dance studios – please consume these in the canteen area.
- Absolutely NO ALCOHOL allowed on the premises.
- Suede-bottomed dance shoes are recommended. No trainers, black rubber soles, stilettos, boots, wedges or metal-heeled shoes please, as they will damage the floor.
Attendance and Refunds
- The onus of attendance is on the student and fees are non-refundable in case of absence.
- Roll Over Credit can be granted when you register and cancel at least 24 hours before a brand new course begins, it is transferrable upon request.
- In the unlikely event of course cancellation Salsa-tropical will issue refunds or Roll Over. No further compensation will be offered.
- Students should arrive to classes on time, appropriately dressed and make an effort to attend regularly.
- Salsa-tropical Company reserves the right to ask participants to leave with no refund for reasons including but not limited to dangerous, disruptive or offensive behaviour; poor personal hygiene; inappropriate dress likely to cause injury; apparent alcohol or drug use or brining these into the premises.
- Payment for the dance courses has to be made in full prior to the beginning of the course and is non-refundable in case of absense.
- Classes can only be paid on a ‘drop in’ basis at the discretion of Salsa-tropical. The cost of ‘drop in’ classes will be higher than the cost of regular courses.
- We accept online card payments via our website. Payments at the venue are accepted in cash or cheques
- Salsa-tropical does not accept responsibility for items lost or stolen from the venue
Protecting your privacy important to us and every effort is made to keep your information secure and confidential. We will never share your personal details with third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.
What we collect
- your course selections
- gender and name
- email address
- contact phone number
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, as well as keep you up to date with our services and any relevant information.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect when you register with us.
- Our staff are also committed to maintaining the privacy of our students and contractually agree to such conduct. You always have the right to access the information we hold about you. If you would like to review or change this information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Amendment of Terms
Salsa-tropical Company may change the Terms and Conditions and any related policies at its own discretion. You should check this page from time to time to stay up to date.