Salsa-tropical have been teaching first wedding dance lessons, in London, for over 15 years. Learn a wedding dance choreography for your chosen song and Latin dance style.
Wedding Dance Package Includes
- Choreography – which I will teach you moves already for your show instead of “learning” Salsa only. I know lots moves for shows that are not necessarily done at the Dance Floor= Social Dancing. Some can be done for both but for a Wedding dance it requires a special choreography that also fits your personalities, figure, height, body weight etc.
- Music – can be selected by me or by you. Ideally please post it to me before hand so I can listen to it, make notes and spend time getting familiar with the instruments and musicality in order to choreography to the lyrics or breaks or instruments.
- Video – after few sessions I start to teach you material it will be recorded so you can practice at home for next session.
- Booking Dance Studio – so I can choreograph using the space at its best so I recommend the studio I have with mirrors near Bethnal Green close to the Heart of the City, London.
- How many lessons? – I suggest 10 lessons to make a beautiful show and make sure you will be confident and relaxed for your Big Special Day. Please remember this is a very special occasion. Also with booking 10 lessons you will get a 10% discount.
Wedding Dance Packages
We have a number of salsa dance wedding packages to suit your budget. The prices include the use of our mirrored dance studio located near the heart of the City of London.
Your First Wedding Dance Lesson
With private wedding dance lessons, you can be relaxed, confident and simply spend your first wedding dance with the person you love.
- 5x 1 hour lessons wedding first dance lessons for the bride and groom. Full salsa choreography. Salsa music list to choose from, or bring your own. Free initial phone consultation.
- 10x 1 hour lessons wedding first dance lessons for the bride and groom. Full salsa choreography. Free 15 minute personal initial consultation. Extensive music list to choose from, or bring your own.
Deluxe Romantic Package
- 14x 1 hour lessons for the bride and groom’s first dance. Full Dance Choreography with more steps, styling and technique. Free 20 minute personal initial consultation. Extensive salsa music list to choose from, or bring your own.
Last Minute Package
- One 2 hour private wedding first dance lesson for the bride and groom. Learn fundamental principles on how to glide around the dance floor together with some simple steps to add passion and expression.
I have known Maria Palmieri for a few years now so when my Fiance and I decided to do a salsa for our wedding I could think no one better to ask for guidance (and I say this knowing some of the best teachers in London). Maria is an excellent choreographer, and although we knew how to dance there is no way we could have put together a dance like this with out Maria. Maria is extremely musical and creative, and she had it all worked out in her head just listening to the music. She was flexible, changing her ideas as we went along to make it fit better for us. And even though Maria clearly has done this for many couples, she was genuinely quite passionate about the choreography and really making it beautiful. It was such a huge success, to have everyone you love in a room give you a standing ovation after dancing with the one you love is such a great feeling. Everyone was cheering, and parents were crying! My husband John, who is not a trained dancer and not a performer looked at me saying “that was awesome I want to do it again! I think not doing a dance at your wedding is something that could be quite regrettable down the track, thanks Maria, it was truly wonderful.Sophie Ferris
We booked a course of salsa lessons with Maria to prepare a choreographed dance for our wedding. We couldn’t rate Maria highly enough. She was very professional, worked with our level of experience, or lack thereof, and made the classes great fun. We’d definitely recommend her to anybody!
Thanks again Maria.Nick and Lucy
Our experience with Maria: What could we say about our wedding dance experience? Maybe “Wonderful” is the right word!!! When we decided to get married, we immediately thought about doing something “special” for our big day! Dancing a Salsa was the idea that immediately sprung to our minds and we were sure that we could have relied on the best person for this challenging task! Maria helped us since early stages, when we had to choose a song with a good-paced rhythm and with nice musical breaks, through breaking down the steps, the style and putting all together in a choreography, until the pre-wedding rehearsal she arranged for us in front of a fellow salsa lover crowd. This was really helpful to overcome our “stage-fears” and get some confidence for our wedding dance. In fact, on the big day, dancing in front of our family and friends was not a shock and the wedding dance turned out to be really exciting…. The smiles on our faces during the performance explain this at the very best! Although the training was intense and sometimes even tiring, Maria made it always enjoyable and if looking back in the past we reckon this experience even strengthen further our bond as a couple and are extremely thankful for the time she spent with us and the useful hints and advices we received from her huge experience. Needless to say, we could not have made it without her enthusiasm, energy and PATIENCE! Just to quote Vicky Baum – “There are shortcuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them”… Muito obrigado Maria for teaching us this shortcut!!!Valentina & Claudio
Your First Wedding Dance
For most of us our wedding day is the first time we have ever had to plan a big event and there is so much to do. Why not plan ahead your wedding dance?You can choose various packages from Salsa Tropical. We will prepare you gradually and choreograph your special dance. We have access to hire professional Dance Studios in the City of London to prepare you for your show. The choreography will bring the best out of each of you.We will endeavour to ensure that you not only feel good but look good also.Your wedding dance lessons can also increase the romance and anticipation of your wedding reception and help ease dance floor nervousness.
Hints About Wedding Dance Lessons
We recommend starting your dance lessons as early as possible before your wedding day. Most likely you will be very busy in the weeks before your ceremony.Your wedding day should be the happiest day of your life. Dance the night away in style!Maria really pays attention to technique; but her aim as a teacher, or choreographer either for a show or a wedding is to emphasize the best that each partner can perform. Maria says: “It’s a pleasure to choreograph for a couple and emphasize an emotional connection that already exists and this can be done with dance with simple or complex moves; ” Salsa is meaningless when it becomes a sequence of moves to lead and follow.
Want to see what a planned choreographed wedding dance looks like? Take a moment and find out. We are more than happy to choreograph the first-dance routine that is right for you.